Automation is the use of machines, control systems and information technologies to optimize productivity in the production of goods and delivery of services. The correct incentive for applying automation is to increase productivity, and/or quality beyond that possible with current human labor levels so as to realize economies of scale, and/or realize predictable quality levels. In the scope of industrialisation, automation is a step beyond mechanization.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,092,611 all-time readers
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- 12 Highly Creative People Who Failed Before Succeeding
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- What Do the Super-Rich Spend Their Money On? (Infographic Included)
- 5 Business Lessons From the "Corporate Scapegoat" Who Lost Five-Billion Euros
- Great British Pound Notes & People Who've Appeared On Them ...
- Five Fundamental Principles From Adam Grant's "Give and Take" Book
Women in Leadership
- Revealed: The UK’s Self-Made Super-Rich Hotspots August 23, 2019