Amancio Ortega Gaona (born 28 March 1936) is a Spanish fashion executive and founding chairman of the Inditex fashion group, best known for its chain of Zara clothing and accessories retail shops. In early 2013 he was ranked as the third richest person in the world by Forbes with a net worth of $57 billion. The Bloomberg Billionaires Index on March 22, 2013 listed Amancio Ortega Gaona as the world’s fourth richest person with reported combined assets of US$54.3 billion.
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,340,948 all-time readers
- Why Your Negotiations Are Doomed (And How to Rescue Them) December 2, 2019
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 43 of Britain's Oldest Companies, From Rolls-Royce to Burberry, Still in Business After 100-Years
- 6 Key Attitudes and Behaviors of Successful Leaders
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Five Fundamental Principles From Adam Grant's "Give and Take" Book
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
- Top 20 Leadership Traits of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk (Founder of the Turkish Republic)