A smart grid is an electrical grid that uses information and communications technology to gather and act on information, such as information about the behaviors of suppliers and consumers, in an automated fashion to improve the efficiency, reliability, economics, and sustainability of the production and distribution of electricity. Smart grid policy is organized in Europe as Smart Grid European Technology Platform. Policy in the United States is described in 42 U.S.C. ch.152 subch. IX § 17381.
You may also like
About the author
Information to enrich your life.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE...
- Economists Top 100: From Paul Krugman to Michael Porter, These Are the Most Influential Economists in the World
- Information Technology Officers Top 100: From Werner Vogels to Dharmesh Shah, These Are the Most Influential IT Directors in the World
- Women Leaders Top 250: From Melinda Gates to Michelle Obama, These Are the Most Influential Women in the World
- British Entrepreneurs Top 100: From Lord Sugar to Victoria Beckham, These Are the Most Influential Entrepreneurs in the UK
- Martin Armstrong: The Economist Who Forecasts Everything
- Top 100 Blockchain Organisations: From CoinDesk to BitPay, These Are the Most Influential Organisations in the Distributed Ledger Space
- Young Entrepreneurs Top 100: From Brian Wong to Amanda Gutterman, These Are the Most Powerful Entrepreneurs Under 25