Number of countries having a banking crisis in each year since 1800. This is based on This time is different: Eight centuries of financial folly, which covers only 70 countries. The general upward trend might be attributed to many factors. One of these is a gradual increase in the percent of people who receive money for their labor. The dramatic feature of this graph is the virtual absence of banking crises during the period of the Bretton Woods agreement, 1945 to 1971.
You may also like
About the author
Information to enrich your life.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,164,648 all-time users
WHAT IS RICHTOPIA?
WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP
- Economists Top 100: From Paul Krugman to Michael Porter, These Are the Most Influential Economists in the World
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Top 100 Blockchain Insiders: From Marc Andreessen to Vitalik Buterin, These Are the Most Influential People in the Crypto Sphere
- Review of the 6 Major Blockchain Protocols
- Top 100 Blockchain Organisations: From CoinDesk to BitPay, These Are the Most Influential Organisations in the Distributed Ledger Space
- Young Entrepreneurs Top 100: From Brian Wong to Amanda Gutterman, These Are the Most Powerful Entrepreneurs Under 25
- Top 20 Most Sustainable Multinational Corporations Worldwide
- Women Leaders Top 250: From Melinda Gates to Michelle Obama, These Are the Most Influential Women in the World
- Tourism, Nationalism and the De-Cosmopolitanisation of Culture in Bali