In computing, multitasking is a method where multiple tasks, also known as processes, are performed during the same period of time. The tasks share common processing resources, such as a CPU and main memory. In the case of a computer with a single CPU, only one task is said to be running at any point in time, meaning that the CPU is actively executing instructions for that task.
You may also like
About the author
Information to enrich your life.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,064,701 all-time users
WHAT IS RICHTOPIA?
WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP
- Top 100 Blockchain Insiders: From Marc Andreessen to Vitalik Buterin, These Are the Most Influential People in the Crypto Sphere
- Review of the 6 Major Blockchain Protocols
- Top 100 Blockchain Organisations: From CoinDesk to BitPay, These Are the Most Influential Organisations in the Distributed Ledger Space
- Women Leaders Top 250: From Melinda Gates to Michelle Obama, These Are the Most Influential Women in the World
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Economists Top 100: From Paul Krugman to Michael Porter, These Are the Most Influential Economists in the World
- Top 20 Most Sustainable Multinational Corporations Worldwide
- Tourism, Nationalism and the De-Cosmopolitanisation of Culture in Bali