Cola is a carbonated beverage that originally contained caffeine from the kola nut and cocaine from coca leaves and was flovoured with vanilla and other ingredients. Most colas now use other flavoring (and caffeinating) ingredients with a similar taste and no longer contain cocaine. It became popular worldwide after druggist John Pemberton invented Coca-Cola in 1886. His non-alcoholic recipe was inspired by the Coca wine of pharmacist Angelo Mariani, created in 1863; it still contained cocaine.
You may also like
About the author
Information to enrich your life.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,073,544 all-time users
WHAT IS RICHTOPIA?
WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP
- Top 100 Blockchain Insiders: From Marc Andreessen to Vitalik Buterin, These Are the Most Influential People in the Crypto Sphere
- Review of the 6 Major Blockchain Protocols
- Top 100 Blockchain Organisations: From CoinDesk to BitPay, These Are the Most Influential Organisations in the Distributed Ledger Space
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Women Leaders Top 250: From Melinda Gates to Michelle Obama, These Are the Most Influential Women in the World
- Economists Top 100: From Paul Krugman to Michael Porter, These Are the Most Influential Economists in the World
- Tourism, Nationalism and the De-Cosmopolitanisation of Culture in Bali
- Top 20 Blockchain Books & Whitepapers
- Top 20 Most Sustainable Multinational Corporations Worldwide